4th Learning Analytics and Knowledge Conference (LAK2014)
The next iteration of the Learning Analytics and Knowledge Conference (LAK2014) has announced its call for papers. This time the conference will take place in Indianapolis, USA, and will take place on 24-26 March 2014.
All subissions are due until 21 October 2013.
Call for Papers
LAK 2014. The 4th International Conference on Learning Analytics & Knowledge
24-28 March 2014, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
LAK 2014 is seeking contributions in a wide variety of topics. The overarching topic is how data can be used to improve any aspect of a learning experience. As a guidance, the conference will consider any of the following topics (authors are strongly encouraged to read the instructions on the conference web site):
- Analytic approaches, methods, and tools for sense-making in learning analytics.
- Theories and theoretical concepts for understanding learning.
- Measures of learning, change and Success.
- Learning activities, applications, and interventions.
- Issues in learning analytics such as ethics, cultural transitions, capacity building, etc.
These topics can be studied in a variety of learning scenarios whether: formal or informal; face-to-face, blended, or online settings. Proposals are welcome from any various application domains be it primary and secondary schools, higher education, corporate workplace or learning in governmental, military, health or commercial situations. Focus may be on distance or graduate education, mobile and ubiquitous learning, online communities, to name a few.
The conference accepts the following type of submissions:
- Full papers: 10 pages.
- Short papers: 5 pages.
- Panel proposals: 4 pages plus 2 separated pages with information about the confirmed panelists.
- Workshop proposals: 2 pages.
- Tutorial proposals: 2 pages (will not be included in the proceedings).
- Tool demonstrations: 2 pages.
- Posters: 2 pages.
All documents must follow the ACM Proceedings Format. Please check the conference website for detailed author instructions for each type of submission. Submissions will be received and processed with EasyChair. The conference proceedings will include all accepted conference submissions except tutorial proposals and workshop papers.
The conference will also include a doctoral consortium, the details of which will be available soon.
- 21 October 2013: Deadline for full/short papers, panel proposals, workshop proposals, tutorial proposals, demonstrations and posters (no extension will be considered).
- 11 November 2013: Notification of acceptance for workshop and tutorial proposals.
- 16 December 2013: Notification of acceptance for full/short papers, panel proposals, demonstrations and posters.
- 3 February 2014: Final version of accepted papers due.
- 24-28 March 2014: Conference.
Papers can be contributed through the conference's EasyChair.