Thanks to widening the team.space community, I found the problem for the Evil Ampersand problem about which I posted a couple of days ago. I found out that the problem was not so much an XML problem, but a problem about how team.sPace treats the values of the feed fields. For some reason I assumed that all values can contain XML data. Therefore, the ampersands in the contribution titles where handled as they would be part of XML strucutres. I fixed the problem by adding a very simple SAX filter that corrects the data strings so later processing can treat it as XML data chunks.
For the winter school I made some improvements of the team.sPace. The key improvement is to have group support in the environment. Furthermore, I made team.sPace more responsive and removed the restriction of external caching of the feeds. With these improvements the entire system scales a bit better for bigger communities.
Currently, I am sitting at the Grillhof in Vill and listen to Milos' introduction to this year's program. We learnered about TENCompetence, again ;) Still not all participants have arrived yet. The rest is busy with getting along with the new situation they face here in Innsbruck, and with deciding what they will do for their physical exercise. I realised that this some people are not well aware of the fact, that sport (and fresh air) helps your brain to deal with all the input they receive here at Grillhof. Certainly, Wolfgang was aware of the fact that going to the wild side is supposed to be healthy. Now, we have to who tells him about how to do it correctly so he has not go to the hospital afterwards ;)
The other day I Marco asked me why some of his links and bookmarks are not properly displayed in teamSpace. I expected some XML related problem with his postings. It turned out that the ampersand is once again causing trouble. It seams like this little curly character is the meanness of the semantic web of all versions. *sigh*